Lead Paint

Lead is very dangerous to young children because their bodies can absorb more lead particles than adults do.  A child’s brain and nervous system are extremely sensitive to the effects of lead.  Babies can be exposed to lead because they often put their hands and other objects that have been exposed to lead into their mouths.  Children can be exposed to lead by consuming food or water containing lead or from utensils that contain lead, breathing lead dust from lead-based paint or lead-contaminated soil or from playing with toys with lead paint.

Lead based paint requires advanced training and techniques to properly and safely remove.  Typically, most contractors are not trained or certified to remove lead based paint.  J & M Monitoring has both the training and certification to remove lead based paint.   The EPA requires contractors who perform lead based paint abatement projects in pre-1978 target housing and child-occupied facilities to be certified and follow very specific work practices.  Contact J & M Monitoring today, to discuss your lead based paint project.  J & M Monitoring has the experience to help you navigate the complex legal and environmental issues lead based paint can bring.